Tuesday, July 27, 2010


Well, have to start the page off somewhere, so here goes. This quilt has been sitting unfinished in the sewing room for about 2 years. Finally managed to put it on the frame and get it quilted.
I am really pleased with the finished article and while it wasn't ever to be anything special, I have continued to think of it as Ann's quilt. The fabrics were bought in Nambour when I was enjoying a lovely break with Ann who had left the local area years ago to resettle on the Sunshine coast. I had a great holiday and really appreciate her sight-seeing abilities.
Hence the quilt has been called "Musical Memories" to commemorate Ann's musical abilities and the memories we share from our school days. I now just have to work out how to get the quilt to her without it costing an arm and a leg!!
Not a bad weekend's work.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen!
    I'm a new blogger too (my blog is one week old) and I would say to you welcome! I hope you'll enjoy the journey! ;-)
    I saw you are an expert quilter (why don't you present yourself on your proflile?), while I'll never sewed a quilt larger of 50 cm... but give me time... I'm learning and training myself!
    Have a good day,
    Pepe
    www.ilblogdipepe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogland...what a fantatic quilt for your first post...well done on your finish...I have just popped over from the lovely Lyndas blog....have fun on the weekend...

    ReplyDelete