Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Years Eve of course was spent in bed!! What an auspicious start to a new year. I think it took me about 3 days to get over the travel - but maybe there was a bit of acclimatising to the heat again after the cold.

My daughter was staying with me and she organised a family get together. We had a lovely lunch and a much needed catch up with everyone. My grandson played havoc with the hose - but guess that was my fault - I gave it to him. Lots of laughing done, but unfortunately no photos taken. Ashleigh was thrilled with her quilt, and even managed to pack it into her carry on luggage to take back with her - darn it, it looked really nice on her bed in my placed!!!

I spent a couple of days with a girlfriend down at Batemans Bay and managed a quick trip to Moruya - and
Stephs Patchwork and would you believe bought fabric there. I laughingly told her about being in the States and not buying anything!!! Oh well, doing my bit for the economy.

When I got back home, it was to just relax some more before returning to work on Tuesday. Unfortunately at work the air conditioning wasn't working, so that didn't really help me feel better about going back to work.

I did manage to get some more work done on my Meadow Sweet blocks - the machine is still on the dining room table, where I can benefit from the comfort of the air conditioner. Still not close to finished though - work in progress!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home! I hope that air conditioner is working on Monday otherwise I'll need a nanna nap with all this humidity.

    ReplyDelete